I don't want to be a snitch, but it was somebody on this bus.

09 March 2009

The Well!


Alrighty friends, my project is underway.

Here's what's going on: We're building a space for a garden a minute walk from the village. It's going to have a real chain link fence and a well inside so we don't have to do extra walking!

Currently, my villagers have a garden, but it's a good 40 minute walk into the bush and has HORRIBLE bamboo fencing that needs to be replaced every year and is easily trampled by sheep, goats, cows and mbambas...whatever those are.

After this garden space gets up and running I want to start a little garden space near the current well (near my house) for a kids garden. It'll be nice to teach them basic gardening practices and have a space for me (and future volunteers) to grow a few snacks.

So, here's the well so far! More to come!



It's really really exciting.

No comments: